Embark on your academic journey in the captivating land of Canada through the prestigious Université de Montréal Scholarships. In this comprehensive exposé, we shall delve into the intricacies of this distinguished scholarship program, unraveling its manifold advantages and elucidating the meticulous application process.
The Université de Montréal Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025 are a gateway to unfettered educational pursuits, granting recipients an exemption from tuition fees. These coveted awards extend their benevolent embrace to international scholars hailing from every corner of the globe, spanning across undergraduate, master's, and doctoral studies. Generously, Montréal University Scholarships offer an annual endowment of up to $27,300, a boon for those seeking academic excellence.
Founded with the noble aspiration of advancing higher education, the University of Montréal has etched a formidable legacy over a span of more than 135 illustrious years. It has metamorphosed into an institution that serves as the bedrock of society's progress. Join us as we traverse through a few milestones that adorn our illustrious history.
Distinguishing itself on the global stage, Université de Montréal hosts a thriving community of 10,000 international students, solidifying its stature as Canada's third-most cosmopolitan academic bastion, as endorsed by the Times Higher Education ranking. Moreover, it annually welcomes over 7,000 Canadian permanent residents into its fold. It's no surprise that UdeM ranks an impressive 36th globally for the distinguished reputation of its graduates among discerning employers, as corroborated by the Global University Employability Ranking.
While you contemplate your academic voyage, consider exploring the remarkable Koc University Scholarship in Turkey, a fully funded opportunity that beckons scholars to pursue their dreams.
- Academic Level: Undergraduate / Master's / Ph.D.
- Institution: Université de Montréal
- Location: Canada
- Course Offerings: The entire spectrum of subjects offered by the university.
- Program Duration: Variable, contingent on the degree pursued.
- Application Deadlines: February 1, 2024, for Ph.D. applicants, and September 1, 2023, for others.
Undergraduate Level: Evaluation of your academic prowess stands as the solitary criterion in determining the quantum of scholarship bestowed upon you. The outcomes of this assessment are categorized into three tiers:
- Level A: $11,998 annually (equivalent to 30 credits) or $5,999 per session (comprising 15 credits) or $399 per credit.
- Level B: $5,718 annually (equivalent to 30 credits) or $2,859 per session (comprising 15 credits) or $190.60 per credit.
- Level C: $2,000 annually (equivalent to 30 credits) or $1,000 per session (comprising 15 credits) or $66.67 per credit.
These award amounts are offset against the annual tuition fees of $23,662 (covering 30 credits).
Master's Level: To facilitate your graduate odyssey as an international scholar, a partial exemption scholarship alleviates the additional tuition fees typically levied on foreign students. This grant amounts to $9,420 annually (equivalent to 45 credits) or $3,140 per session (comprising 15 credits). It is a respite for those bearing tuition fees amounting to $27,300 annually (covering 45 credits).
Ph.D. Level: For those embarking on the profound journey of doctoral studies as international scholars, a comprehensive exemption from the supplemental tuition fees traditionally imposed on non-native students is extended. This exemption bequeaths the privilege of availing tuition fees akin to their Quebecois counterparts. A substantial $19,339 annual stipend (equivalent to 45 credits) or $6,546 per session (comprising 15 credits) accompanies this privilege, sustained throughout the entire duration of your doctoral pursuit. This sum is proportionately deducted from the annual tuition fee of $24,300 (covering 45 credits).
FAQs about UdeM Exemption Scholarships
The UdeM Exemption Scholarships are designed to support international students pursuing their studies at the Université de Montréal in Canada. Here are some frequently asked questions about these scholarships:
What is the UdeM Exemption Scholarship?
- The UdeM Exemption Scholarship is a financial aid program offered by the Université de Montréal to international students. It provides partial or complete exemption from tuition fees.
Who is eligible to apply for these scholarships?
- International students from around the world are eligible to apply for the UdeM Exemption Scholarships.
What levels of study are covered by these scholarships?
- The scholarships are available for undergraduate, master's, and Ph.D. degree programs at the university.
How much financial support do the scholarships offer?
- The scholarship amounts vary depending on the level of study and academic performance. For example, they can range from $13,340.40 per year for bachelor's students to $22,241.25 per year for Ph.D. students.
Are there any application deadlines?
- Application deadlines may vary, but it's essential to check the official university website for the most up-to-date information on application deadlines.
How do I apply for the UdeM Exemption Scholarships?
- The application process typically involves applying for admission to the university. Detailed instructions can be found on the official Université de Montréal website.
Where can I find more information and resources?
- You can find comprehensive information, FAQs, and resources about the UdeM Exemption Scholarships on the official Université de Montréal website here.
Eligibility Criteria for Université de Montréal Scholarships
To qualify for the esteemed Global Excellence Postgraduate Taught Scholarship, candidates must meticulously adhere to the following stipulations:
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Citizenship: Open to applicants from all nations.
- Enrollment as a full-time student for the entire duration of their academic sojourn.
- Absence of concurrent tuition fee exemptions through alternative policies or measures. Notably, this exclusion applies to French and Belgian Francophone students, who already enjoy a similar form of exemption.
Application Procedure for Université de Montréal Scholarships: Embark on your journey to academic distinction by following these comprehensive application instructions:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel for a step-by-step guide to the application process.
- Initiate the process by applying for admission. To ensure a seamless journey, consult "Compass," an interactive guide that meticulously navigates you through the requisite steps. Before proceeding with the application form, rigorously adhere to application deadlines and meticulously peruse the admission prerequisites for your chosen study program.
- Keep a vigilant eye on your application's progress and anticipate an offer of admission. Shortly after submitting your application for admission, you shall receive access codes to the "Student Centre." This platform serves as your portal to monitor your application status and receive your letter of acceptance.
- Rest assured that you need not make a separate application for the UdeM Exemption Scholarship. The assessment of new applicants' profiles will determine their eligibility and the corresponding scholarship amount.
- Upon receiving your letter of admission, Université de Montréal will promptly apprise you, via email, of the stipulated scholarship amount. Ensure you preserve this document in a secure location, as it will prove invaluable for future reference.
For a more comprehensive understanding of Université de Montréal Scholarships, we invite you to peruse the official website: Official Website.
Embark on your academic odyssey with the Université de Montréal Scholarships, where excellence is nurtured, and horizons are expanded. Seize this opportunity to unlock a world of knowledge and possibilities in the heart of Canada.