In our unwavering dedication to advancing the realm of global academia and championing the vital cause of intellectual liberty, we proudly present the prestigious IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship for the academic year 2024-2025. This fully funded scholarship offers an unparalleled opportunity for international scholars in pursuit of doctoral research excellence. Join us as we navigate the intricacies of the IIE-SRF Fellowship, its exceptional advantages, and a meticulous, step-by-step application process.
Unveiling the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship
The IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship stands as an unwavering beacon of hope for scholars confronting imminent and targeted threats to their lives and careers within their home countries or countries of residence. This transformative initiative finds its foundation in the mission of the venerable Institute of International Education (IIE), an institution steadfast in its commitment to safeguarding the fundamental rights of intellectual liberty and the relentless pursuit of knowledge since its inception in 1919.
Academic Level: Doctoral (Ph.D.) Institution: IIE-SRF Study Location: Partnering Host Institutions Available Courses: Open to applicants from all academic disciplines
The IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship spans a program duration of one to two years, with applications accepted throughout the year, ensuring accessibility for scholars worldwide. What sets this fellowship apart is its comprehensive scholarship package, which includes:
- A generous grant of up to USD $25,000
- Individual health coverage for the entirety of the fellowship period
- A visiting academic appointment that can extend for up to one year, with the potential for renewal for a second year. It's important to note that the final fellowship amount may fluctuate based on factors such as the geographical location of the host institution, the cost of living, and possible additional contributions from the host institution or other funding sources.
Eligibility for the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship
The eligibility criteria for the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship intentionally encompass a broad spectrum of scholars. Applicants should fulfill the following requirements:
- Proficiency in the English language, as all applications are conducted in English
- Citizenship of any country across the globe
Eligible candidates may include professors, seasoned researchers, and public intellectuals from any academic discipline. The meticulous evaluation process considers academic qualifications, the quality and potential of the applicant's work, and the gravity of the threats faced. Preference is given to scholars who:
Possess a Ph.D. or the highest attainable degree in their respective fields
- Boast substantial experience in teaching or conducting research at academic institutions
- Confront immediate, severe, and targeted threats to their lives and careers
- Exhibit outstanding academic achievements and potential
- Have the capacity to make positive contributions to both their home and host academic communities.
Navigating the Application Procedure
For scholars with aspirations of benefiting from the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship, here is a succinct guide to the application process:
Application Submission: Applicants have the option to apply directly or have a third party submit application materials on their behalf. The required application materials encompass:
- Application coversheet
- Academic statement: An all-encompassing overview of your academic and professional background and experience
- Current curriculum vitae or resume
- Personal statement: An in-depth elucidation of your reasons for seeking support from IIE-SRF
- Two (2) academic/professional letters of reference, with a focus on your research, publications, teaching, or advanced academic experience
- Two (2) personal letters of reference, ideally from individuals well-versed in the challenges you've faced and your professional background
- A copy of your Ph.D. or the highest degree you hold
- Samples of your most recent writings or research publications
- A letter from a recognized host institution (while not obligatory).
Application Submission: All application materials can be submitted via email (the preferred method), fax, or postal mail to the following address:
Scholar Rescue Fund Institute of International Education 809 United Nations Plaza New York, New York 10017-3580 United States
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund
What is the duration of the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship?
The IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship typically supports scholars with a year-long fellowship, which can be renewed for a second year if deemed necessary. The exact duration may vary based on individual circumstances and academic requirements.How much financial support does the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship provide?
Who is eligible for the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship?
How can scholars apply for the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship?
What is the mission of the IIE Scholar Rescue Fund?
Explore the Boundless Possibilities
To gain deeper insights into the IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship and commence your journey of application, please visit the official website here. This fellowship not only empowers you to pursue your academic aspirations but also champions the cherished values of intellectual freedom, knowledge dissemination, and global scholarly collaboration.
The IIE-SRF Doctoral Fellowship opens doors to a realm of academic opportunities, ensuring that scholars facing adversity can continue their invaluable work in the realm of liberty and security. Embrace this unparalleled opportunity to leave a lasting impact on the academic landscape, safeguarding the relentless pursuit of knowledge for generations to come.